Are you planning to travel to the United States?
If you intend to visit United States and other countries such as South Korea and Japan, most likely you’ll need to secure visa. Aside from the Philippine passports, many Filipino travelers apply for visa in spite of the fact that it is quiet difficult to get.
You’ll be required to provide the application along with other supporting documents. Likewise, the applicant is required to appear personally to the embassy particularly during the interview.
The category of the visitor or tourist visa is the B-1/B-2. This visa is designed for those who will travel to the United States for pleasure, business, or medical treatment trip.
Specifically, the B-1 visa is for those who will attend business conferences/conventions, negotiating contracts, or attending educational and scientific conferences. On the other hand, the B-2 visa is given for recreational or pleasure trip. However, both visas are issued as one.
Who can apply for B-1/B-2 visa?
To qualify for the B-1/B-2 visa, the applicant must ensure that he or she will meet the qualifications according to the Section 214(b) of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act or the INA. The applicant must convince the consular officer through the following reasons:
- The purpose of the trip is for medical treatment, pleasure, and business.
- There should be enough funds to suffice the expenses.
- There must be a residence, properties, stable job, and other binding economic and social ties that will make the applicant return after the duration of the visit.
Application requirements for US tourist visa
- Accomplish the DS-160 or the Non-immigrant Visa Electronic Application
- A valid passport to travel to the U.S and the validity date should be 6 months beyond the intended visit in the United States
- 1 piece 2×2 photo (following the required photo format)
- Official receipt for the processing fee of the non-immigrant visa application
Prepare for other documents that will support your family situation, specific intentions, and long range plans within the country of residence.
How to apply US tourist visa?
Application can be done online and here’s what to do?
- Accomplish the application form online and you will be assigned an application ID. Provide the accurate personal information and upload your digital photo.
- Pay the tourist visa fee that costs $160 and it is non-refundable. You can also pay online Bancnet or BPI online account.
- Set an appointment for your interview at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/. Sign up in the website so that you can schedule your appointment.
- Prepare the supporting documents that you will bring during the scheduled interview.
Keep in mind to present only correct and accurate documents to avoid permanent visa ineligibility.